Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Laptop Processor Upgrade..

I recently went through upgrading a processor in an old laptop from a 1.7 GHz to a 2.0 GHz. It has been a few days and it is running like a champ. I cannot say this enough though, you have to do your research. I found out that the older line of Pentium 4-m processors are interchangeable with the newer ones. I used Intel's site to research the one I currently had, with several from sites selling faster speed processors. I looked at the FSB, package type, and pin configuration. Once I compared several processors, I stayed with a 2.0 Ghz at the same 400 MHz FSB because that is what the motherboard currently has. With a little extra thermal compound (Arctic Silver) I completed the upgrade and am very happy.

You can get processor information at Intel's site.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: